COVID-19 Visitor Access Information for Our Homes in VIC and WA
The care, well being and safety of all our residents and staff is absolutely critical as we continue to closely monitor the spread of COVID-19 in Australia. As the COVID-19 pandemic is constantly evolving please read the details below for your state or contact your home directly regarding tours and visitation within our homes.
There are zero cases of actual or suspected COVID-19 in any of our CraigCare homes and we remain 100% compliant with the Australian Government Quality and Aged Care Standards on Infection Control.
Western Australia has reintroduced a hard border with Victoria in response to the evolving COVID-19 outbreak in Melbourne. Any person who has recently been in Victoria and is subject to any WA Government directions to get a COVID-19 test or self-quarantine must not enter our homes until they have completed their quarantine period.
Otherwise, we welcome visitors and booking an in-person tour for our homes. Masks are not currently required for staff or visitors but all staff and visitors are required to clearly pass the COVID contact symptoms checks. At the slightest sign of any symptoms, however mild, please do not visit our homes. Practice good hygiene by washing and sanitising your hands frequently and cough/sneeze into a tissue or your elbow. Please keep your distance and stay 1.5 metres away from people where you can.
In line with the current Victorian stay at home orders announced by the Acting Premier, all our homes currently have visiting restrictions in place.
What this means:
- Visitors are not permitted at our Homes until State Government restrictions have eased.
- Visitors includes family and friends, students, volunteers and non-essential contractors. Visits are only allowed for compassionate reasons, and these are to be discussed directly with the Home Manager.
- We know how important it is for families and residents to remain connected with each other, especially during this time. As the well-being of all of our residents remains a priority, individual window visits, Skype and FaceTime calls can be coordinated at each home. As a reminder, we also have our ‘Message A Resident’ feature on our website, which allows for messages to be sent directly to your loved ones on a daily basis.
- All non-essential contacts are suspended. This includes volunteer visits, bus trips, hairdressers, external entertainment etc.
- All lifestyle programs will continue as per our current internal activity programs.
- Visits from GPs and allied health providers will continue, and we will provide ‘telehealth’ services with clinicians if required.
Please be assured that for our residents, their daily activities will continue as normal as much as possible, and there are no restrictions in place for residents to move about the home. Food and dining services, as well as lifestyle activities within the home are also continuing as normal.
CraigCare is continuing to conduct virtual tours of our homes for new residents that have immediate permanent and respite care needs, where there are vacancies in our home. New residents will be required to clearly pass the COVID contact symptoms checks, and/or provide a negative COVID-19 test result.
We thank you for your continued patience and understanding during these challenging times.