Enquire Now

Aged Care Fees and Charges

  1. Home
  2. »
  3. Fees and Charges

Below is a summary of the fees & charges that you may be eligible to pay, based on the fees and charges set by the Australian Government. Further information is available from the Department of Health.

Basic Daily Care Fee
All residents must pay a daily care fee. This fee increases in line with CPI and the Australian Age Pension every six months and covers costs such as meals, laundry and electricity. The current rate of the Basic Daily Care Fee is $53.56.

Means-Tested Care Fee
Some residents may also be required to pay a means-tested care fee on top of their basic daily fee. The Department of Human Services will assess your income and assets to determine how much you will be required to pay. This fee is not retained by CraigCare.

Annual and lifetime caps apply to the means-tested care fee. Once these caps are reached, you can no longer be asked to pay the means-tested care fee.

Accommodation Payments
The government will pay or part-pay accommodation costs for some residents while others will need to pay the price agreed with us. You can choose to pay your accommodation costs by:

  • A lump-sum style payment known as the Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD); or
  • Rental-type payments called a Daily Accommodation Payment (DAP); or
  • A combination of both.

If you do need to pay, you have 28 days from the day you enter care to decide which payment method you prefer. You are required to pay a DAP until you decide which method you prefer.

Supported Residents
Some rooms are available for residents with reduced financial means. Supported residents may be asked to contribute to their cost of care via a Daily Accommodation Contribution (DAC) or Refundable Accommodation Contribution (RAC). If you require financial support, you must submit a Centrelink Asset Assessment. Centrelink will outline your payment obligation within 14 days. Daily care fees still apply.

Income and Assets Assessments
From July 1, 2014 everyone moving into an aged care home for the first time will be required to complete and lodge an income and assets assessment form. You are required to lodge the form even if you are already receiving a means-tested income support payment from Centrelink, such as the Age Pension, or The Department of Veterans’ Affairs, such as the Service Pension.

The government will conduct your assets and income assessments and they will advise you and CraigCare how much you can be asked to pay towards you accommodation costs.

If you do not complete the assets and income assessments, you will not be eligible for any government assistance and you can be asked to pay the maximum accommodation amount.