The Spring menu is ready, thanks to residents, families and the catering team!
With Winter finally coming to an end, it’s nearly time to launch our new Spring menu. The change in season creates a wonderful opportunity to provide our residents with fresh ideas and updated meals on their menus.
A lot of work goes into designing a new menu each season. There are three foundational steps we follow:
- Feedback from residents, family and the catering staff to ensure the menu is catered around residents’ likes and preferences.
- Identifying sources of inspiration, for example:
- Maggie Beer’s Creating Appetite for Life program,
- Family recipes from residents, and
- Watching for new food trends and flavours in residential aged care services both nationally and globally.
- Identifying the right suppliers that can guarantee all food is safety accredited.
This Spring, we are offering a few Signature dishes such as:
- Lemon butter chicken served on a bed of cheesy risotto,
- One pot poached chicken with zucchini, pea, potato and leek broth, and
- Meatloaf Wellington served with mashed potato, carrots and zucchini and drizzled with a seeded mustard gravy.
Residents will also see cooler desserts such as panna cotta, pavlova, trifle, and fresh fruit with ice cream being offered daily as a welcome change to the slightly richer puddings and baked desserts we offered during Winter.