Ticking the right boxes
Make sure the residential aged care provider you choose ticks all the boxes.
When it comes to choosing the right aged care provider for your loved one, don’t ever settle for second best. Your loved one deserves to continue to feel that they are the same person they have always been. They deserve nothing less than to feel safe, in control, confident, engaged in lifestyle activities and hobbies they have always enjoyed, and socially connected to family, friends and their local community.
Using the following guideline will give you the peace of mind you have chosen the right aged care provider for your loved one – to ensure they not only get the necessary clinical care they need but also ensure they continue to live the type of life they have always enjoyed.
- Friends and family welcome
- Pets welcome to visit
- Regular and diverse social outings, hobbies and activities
- Regular shopping trips
- Happy hours, pre-dinner drinks, cocktail hours
- BBQ nights
- Live music
- Quality food and dining prepared by on-site chefs
- Exercise programs
- Wi-Fi and media connections
- 24hr nursing care and support
- Specialist care
- Palliative care
- Dementia care
- Pastoral care